Friday, January 11, 2013

an order of magnitude (HSK)

I ordered the following 3 books from amazon.co.jp yesterday. They will be arriving tomorrow.

   

These are for the HSK test levels 1 & 2. Those are the lowest two levels. I bought one text for level 1 and one text for level 2. The third book is a collection of 5 previous tests of level 2. Both of the the textbooks have a mock test at the end of the book.

In case you are unable to tell, the books are written in Japanese.  Each book has a CD as well.

The level 1 test requires knowledge of only 150 words.  The level 2 test adds another 150 words for a grand total of 300 words!

2 comments:

  1. In my humble opinion, the HSK level 1 and 2 tests are ridiculously easy. You should better start with level 3 which equals in level approximately with A1 according the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), Level 4 is CEFR A2.

    Do you want to use the books to learn Japanese or Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe HSK 1 and 2 are going to be ridiculously easy too. Which is why I am doing them now, because later I won't want to start from there. However, I thought it would be cool to have done them all.

    ReplyDelete

No profanity. Please be considerate of others. Thank you.