Saturday, January 14, 2012

does time-boxing work for language learners?

Do you use time-boxing for language learning? Does it work for you? I wonder how many language learners are time-boxing.

Time-boxing means to set certain lengths of time for working on tasks. You might have 30 minutes for your French and 20 minutes to work on another language and so on. You manage your time so you are able to work on all of the things you want to do instead of getting carried away with one and not having time for the next one.

If you only study one foreign language, then you might use time-boxing to divide up the tasks you want to do in that language.

I used time-boxing a few years ago for maybe a couple of months. I was more productive with it, but I also felt I wasn't getting any time to relax. I forgot to add "relax" to my schedule. In the end, I was too busy and felt burnt-out.

Now I have lots of time to relax and don't get very much done. But that's not very good either. In fact, with the time-boxing, I didn't forget to do things that I had planned on doing, unlike now.

Now I have too many things that I would like to do. I really just want to have only one thing to work on. If I had to choose only one activity, what would it be? That's difficult to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity. Please be considerate of others. Thank you.